Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Weather

This weekend marked the return of winter to our neck of the woods, snow and colder temperatures descended upon us which is fine by me, we need some winter around here. I've been feeling tired lately and there's a part of me that wants to just rest and read. I just finished an excellent book entitled, Learning to Breathe: One Woman's Journey of Spirit and Survival by Allsion Wright, I think I finished it in 4 days, so inspiring to me and the idea of never giving up, keep going forward.
At any rate, I'm feeling like I'd like to go snowshoeing instead of riding my bike so much, I know it's hard to believe even for me. So on Saturday and Sunday we went for hikes, good off the beaten track kinda hikes in the snow. Saturday we hiked up by Craig's brother Randy's place near Rollinsville and then on Sunday we did a hike on the backside of our mountain. Lotsa post holing but a great workout, adventure and route finding. Besides that I've been working more in the studio and getting projects around the house taken care of. So the return of winter is welcome by me for now, it'll change again soon enough.

No comments: