Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crested Butte

Elk Ave. in Crested Butte. This is where the show is, not a bad view either.

Craig and I are headed to Crested Butte this week for the Crested Butte Arts Festival, August 1st and 2nd, that I'll be participating in as well as some camping and riding. I love going to CB, we've been riding and camping in this area for a long time, just started doing the art show last year and it went very well for me so I'm fortunate to be going back. The town is very laid back and retains it's character and feel of a real Colorado mountain town even with the ski resort just north of town. Many Colorado ski towns have lost this realness that CB has, the people there are independent outdoor types and they have a lot of character themselves, it's not all about mcmansions and hollywierdness here. I'm looking forward to getting away, doing the show and of course riding some of the worlds best ST anywhere, it's tasty, tight and fast and you can get that remote feeling as well, usually because you're pretty out there on many of the rides. Oh yeah, I'm also really looking forward to getting me some STASH!!!

PINHEAD PESTO
Pesto sauce base, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomato,
toasted pine nuts + roasted red peppers


















6 comments:

Kim said...

Have a great time! I wish we could come up this weekend to hang out and ride with you!

G-Lenn said...

Is that a picture right now, looks like fall. Have fun!

Carey said...

Thanks, another time for sure Kim.
Glenn, the pic is from the fall, but it's a good pic of Elk Ave...

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I wish we were there! We're going to apply for next year. Love the town and so many more trails to try. Have you done Doctor's? The locals were recommending that one, but we ran out of time. Hope it's a good show!
Kat

Unknown said...

yum...love the stash for sure!

Carey said...

Kat..yes, we rode Doctor's Park, awesome, long ride with 5 mile DH at the end..I'll have a report up sooner than later.