Sunday, July 25, 2010

Resting...

From the spring..

I'm a little under the weather today, body saying rest me please, so I am. Though I'm enjoying a lovely day at home, the fella is fishing, good for his soul, and I'm doing some art among other things that I've really been wanting to do but have not made the time for. In my shuffling about the house I came upon a quote I wrote down while I was reading a book titled "This Is Not The Story You Think It Is" by Laura Munson.
She is speaking here of riding her horse. "When I am on my horse, the rest of the world falls away except for the exact place where his feet touch the ground. It's the most religious practice I've known; it's where the prayers don't beg. They surrender and receive. It's that place of true nature I've been seeking all my life. Freedom."
"Where prayers don't beg. They surrender and receive." I love those words and can relate to it when I'm out riding my bike, a horse with rubber shoes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Where prayers don't beg. They surrender and receive."

Nice :-)

Open heart ...open mind....OPEN.

...*flip* me oh sweet Jesus..my soul has been fried.

Buzz