Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The CB love thing.

Ghost clouds on the way to Crested Butte.

It rained the whole way until we actually got outside Crested Butte and then it stopped and the sun came out, we took that as good magik. The monsoons turned on right before we left and their still going strong.

Ghost rainbow.
So much space, enough room to breath and enough room to contain my monkey energy.

This past weekend was the Crested Butte Arts Festival that I've participated in as an artist for the last 3 years. I really like this show, it's run very well, the quality of the art is very good and getting better every year and the town vibe is awesome. CB has a lot of love in it.
We set up on Friday afternoon so that leaves time for a Friday morning ride. We did our usual thing and headed up to the 401, conditions were perfect, eventually. We had woken to clouds and things looked grim but as we headed north out of town the clouds began to burn off, the sun zapped them!

Bye, bye clouds!

We were super excited to see the sun too, the mountains were hyper green and we knew the trails would be tacky goodness.

The top of the 401..aghhhhh...hello again.

It was SO good to be here. I've been really burned out on the front range and Boulder lately. Needing a change of (s)pace, scenery, time to slow down and get away from the over crowded city that Boulder has become. Living up in the mountains helps but coming in to Boulder every day leaves me frazzled. Being up high in the mountains was sweet relief.

The beauty of summer in Colorado's high country, it's overwhelming.

Very, very happy. And for once it didn't rain on us while riding.

Breath!

The show went well and I enjoyed hanging out on Elk Ave. for a couple days. After we tore down it was time to get our Stash on at my favorite pizza place anywhere in this universe, The Secret Stash. It's always an adventure, I love it!

Waiting for our pies and it's a long wait! The Stash is like hanging out in a friend's house, a bohemian friend. Everyone is very open and kind.

Ganesh makes good pies! A little love with your pie?

CB side street.

Hmmm..interesting, maybe I should hang this saying in my booth.

Dreamy bikes.

Where the prayers don't beg.

Next morning before heading home we did another tradition which is to ride Doctor's Park. Which includes one of the best DH's in that area. Love it, love it, love it. This time we did it with some friends from California, Kat and Jeff (both artist's at the show) and their friends Eddie and Larry. It was a blast, good people, good riding.

That was a good climb, time to take a little break.

Not many pictures of us riding, filled up my memory card, oops. But we all really enjoyed our time out riding some of Colorado's best trails. Kat, Jeff, Eddie and Larry rocked it coming from sea level, I'm so happy we finally got to ride together.
I didn't want to come home yet, the transition back in has been choppy, I have a bug to down size, slip away for awhile and disconnect from things. This is a reoccurring theme for me, has been for many years. I'm destined to live small in big spaces, it's just who I am, it's how my soul works.

1 comment:

Buzz said...

" ...tacky goodness.."

good one Carey!

:-)

old Irish proverb I have pinned above my desk:" ...the work honors the man(or woman!)..."

:-)

Crested BUUUUTTEEEEE!

Buzz