Monday, November 17, 2008

Having Fun Being Obvious

Emma, Craig, Eddie, Jim and I headed out Sunday to ride PWDH. The riding was top notch and everything was very dry, what a warm and dry autumn we've had. I know Eddie is ready to get out and do some turns in the high country on his snow board at this point, so it was nice to have him a long for a late fall ride. We did the new version of PW we all seem to prefer, the PWDH shuttle.

Ready for some descending..
(image em)

Me ascending.
(image em)

I was really under the weather on this ride, my head cold kicked in and I didn't really even feel very present, I think the word is discombobulated. Note to self, when you have a head cold you'll probably ride like shit!

I had just sat up from laying down, feeling a little dizzy..
This is my chocolate outfit..
(image em)

Eddie taking a break, looks like he's saddled up.
(image em)

Craig giving his over the shoulder Blue Steel.
(image em)

Jimmijames getting ready to munch..
(image em)

Eddie..
(image em)

Craig..
(image em)

Jimmijames...
(image em)

Ready for the long DH.
(image em)

The weather at this point in the day had turned cloudy, windier and cooler. I was hoping to stop and take some images from the DH but didn't. I really didn't take any shots the whole day, just not feeling it. So thank you Emma and Eddie for all of these shots.

Emma on the DH..
(image by eddie)

Carey on the DH..
(image by eddie)

These images don't do justice to this DH section, it's a full on sweet and tricky descent that keeps you focused and on your toes.

Emma and Eddie waiting for our ride and basking in the late afternoon sun..nice!

Local Super Hero, Jimijames!

A good day for all mostly. As for the title of this post, well after our ride a passing motorist and fellow mtber, who's name I won't mention, passed us as we were getting ready to take off. He decided to turn around and come back and admonish us, apparently he was concerned we were being too obvious and we'd somehow give away the not so top secret riding we'd just done. I'm not sure how anyone would figure out where we'd just been from just seeing us as they drove by, we weren't parked by the trail head or anything for that matter. The guy came across as a self-rightous ass and I stopped listening to him after a few moments because he was pissing me off and I didn't feel like getting into it with him. This same person has shown many riders "secret trails" in the area and has been shown "secret trails" by other riders himself, it was just bullshit. Some people just feel like they have to lord over things I guess.

No comments: