Monday, July 14, 2008

More Ridin' and Daydreaming

Got in some good ridin' this weekend. Saturday was a lovely day, cooler temps were a relief to all. I rode from the house to Gold Hill and then rode trail back to LH and then back up trails to the house, a solid ride with some good ups and some fast and technical downs. Rode alone which was fine, I needed to get out of the house. It has a clearing effect for me. Made a Gluten Free pizza that evening, not so good really but Craig and Randy ate it without complaint, I guess if you put enough cheese on something it's always gonna be eatable.
Sunday was a late afternoon ride with friends on some more off the radar trails, one of my favorites, really fun stuff and not another soul except for one slightly suspicous hiker. We had a great time and the views from the ridgeline on this particular trail are outstanding and you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere. I cleared a tough, technical up hill section. I was proud of myself because it's always a 50/50 chance I'll get it, it's nice when that kinda thing happens.
All in all it was good, and my new Specialized Trail shoe/boot is good, not too hot and worked well on the bike as well as in the one hike a bike section. They're a AM/FR/DH shoe. New trend? I think it's too niche to be a trend.
I've been daydreaming about a longer travel bike, but more specifically about a longer travel DH bike. I'd like to check out Sol Vista and Keystone, ride their runs and stunts. It would be a new facet of riding for me as I've always leaned toward All Mountain riding, which means up and down the mountain. But lately my riding skills have taken me to a faster and more technical place and I'd like to explore the DH parks we have here in Colorado, mix it up. I need to hone my jumping skills, they're not bad right now but I need to get comfortable with things that are more than 2 feet in height. Though I really can't afford another bike and in a couple of years I will replace the BLT with something with more travel but it will be an AM/FR bike, as I can have only one bike to do all things. Something along the lines of the Nomad, Intense 6.6, Titus El Guapo, new BLT (?)..we'll see what's out there in a couple of years. For now the BLT serves me well, I enjoy riding it and it does climb great, who would of thought 5.5 inches of travel would become too little, crazy.
Next weekend I have an art show so I won't be ridin', so I'll have to get my fill this week, hopfeully I can make some money. It's always good to take a break once and a while too.
I guess that's all for now..

No comments: