Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ridin' and Stuff

We have managed to get some snow in the last week and then have it all melt in our freaky ass confused weather we've been having. The pictures in this post go from winter to spring time...

Emma and Me
(Emma, photo credit)

Rode Picture Rock again with Emma on Saturday. The trail was frozen snow and then wet dirt in the trees with a few mud puddles, not bad and really pretty. Though I had a mechanical with my right pedal that I could not repair on the trail so I had to ride out from Wild Turkey with basically one pedal to clip into and a clump of metal as my other pedal, not fun and very strenuous actually. Riding in the snow was strenuous as well, more so than when it's dry, had to use a lot of upper body to balance through slick sections, etc. I was exhausted when I got home.

Sun and Snow.
(Emma, photo credit)

Craig and I decided to huddle up in bed and watch a Christmas movie, an old one called The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, David Niven and I can't remember the women's name but it's a good movie. I have a pretty good Christmas collection of movies...I'm sappy that way.

Sunday Crew

(Kim, Photo Credit)

Sunday morning was lazy until I spent an hour cleaning and tuning my bike, had to get it ready for my afternoon ride with Cynthia, Kim, Dan, Liz, John, Megan, Carrie, Arianna and Tracy, whew....I think that was it, a group of really nice folk. We met at Kim and Dan's house and headed out to the Nobo trails for some dry trail riding. The sun had come out and it was down right warm today. It was fun to ride and chat with everyone, people I knew and those I hadn't met yet. It turns out that Carrie and I are both from Northern Virginia originally and we were both born in the same hospital, Sibley, in Washington, DC, three years apart, how crazy is that, small world.

Me with the Flatirons in the background.

(Kim, photo credit)


Everyone else headed to the Rio afterwards, I would have liked too but planned on having dinner with Craig and his brother Randy. He made Chicken Enchiladas, mmmmm.
Good weekend, good people, good times..and I'm good and tired tonight.

No comments: